Protect your commercial auto with Team Insurance
Using vehicles for your business is convenient and efficient, and purchasing Commercial Auto Insurance to protect your business assets in the event of an accident is an important safeguard for business owners. The liability insurance policy and protection from physical damage will cover you if you or your employee are sued after an accident involving a car or truck belonging to your business.
Things to Consider:
Your Business Insurance may not include Commercial Auto policy or may require purchasing it at additional cost. As a business owner, you should consider purchasing Commercial Auto Insurance if:
- You own, rent or lease vehicles for business use;
- Your employees drive vehicles owned, rented or leased by your business;
- Your employees drive their own vehicles for matters related to your business;
- You or your employees drive vehicles owned by the business for personal and work purposes.
Some states require by law that you purchase a minimum amount of Commercial Auto Insurance coverage. If you or your employees injure someone or damage their property in an accident while driving a company-owned vehicle, Commercial Auto Insurance will cover the financial liability. Minimum coverage might be sufficient for some businesses, while for others, it may be needed to purchase the policy with more than state-required coverage. In case an injured party sues your business for a larger amount than covered by the minimum policy, it can seriously damage your assets.
Get in Contact:
If you are shopping for Commercial Auto Insurance, but do not know how much coverage you need, we at Team Insurance can help you to choose a policy by browsing and comparing offers from multiple insurance carriers nationwide.
Get in touch with us today to receive your fully customized insurance quote. Discover the different coverage options and see how we can make a difference in your life!
Popular Coverage Options:
If you are at fault in an accident, liability coverage will pay for the damage to other people or their property. The policy can include Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability, as well as Uninsured Motorist protection, in the event of an accident where the other party does not carry insurance.
In the event you or your passenger are injured in an accident, the policy will help pay for your medical expenses, and it can include Medical Payments and Personal Injury Protection.
The policy offers protection for your vehicle in the event it is damaged by collision with another vehicle or other accidents resulting in physical damage to your commercial vehicle. Vehicle protection includes Physical Damage, Comprehensive and Collision, and Fire and Theft Protection.
If your company owns a truck, there are many overlaps in Commercial Auto policies for trucks compared to other vehicles. However, there are some coverages specific to trucks, which you should consider in case your business owns one. The truck-specific coverages include:
- Motor Truck Cargo Insurance – The policy covers your liability for lost or damaged cargo in case of collision, striking of a load, or fire.
- Motor Truck General Liability – The policy will pay for property damage or injuries resulting from business activities which are not directly related to your truck operation.
- Non-Trucking Liability – The coverage will be useful if you drive your work truck for personal reasons, like going to the store or movies.
- Rental Reimbursement with Downtime – If your truck becomes inoperable because of an accident, the policy will cover the expenses required to get you back on the road, such as cover your truck payments or rent a vehicle.